What is social media marketing?
As the name implies, it is the use of different social networks for marketing purposes. Social networks are the best means to boost brand or product awareness. To promote a company’s products or services, there is a need to ensure continuous audience engagement. This is achieved by implementing different social media marketing strategies. Not only does it help to build a strong social media presence but also helps to get new leads by maximizing outreach. Frequent social media engagement also helps to keep the brand fresh and relevant in the minds of the targeted audience. The leads generated are then converted to loyal customers through different social media marketing campaigns.
What are the prerequisites for creating successful social media marketing campaigns?
Social media marketing is much more than simply posting content on any of the social networking platforms. It involves a systematic approach where many other aspects need to be taken care of before spearheading a successful campaign.
This includes comprehensive research about competitors, the audience’s demographics, interests and behaviors, and opportunity areas. Besides, each social media channel caters to specific audiences, and therefore not every platform would work well for your brand. A well talented social media marketing agency often designs a marketing campaign based on these aspects.
For any business in Canada, big or small, the key to business growth and success is to identify the audience, target the right segment and reach out to them. And in today’s digital world, social media is where the audience is.
Social media marketing is the best means to market your products or services in Canada. Besides, Canada has one of the world’s most connected online populations. The following statistics indicate, beyond doubt, that social media marketing is the best means for businesses in Canada to realize their marketing and branding goals.
- In 2022, there are 34.47 million social media users in Canada. By 2026, it is expected that there will be over 38 million users in the country.
- In 2022, Canada has a social media penetration rate of 89.79 percent. By 2026, the social media reach will be around 96 percent.
- 56% of small business owners use social media for their business and 9 in 10 owners feel that it is an effective way to generate sales for their business.
- 86% of Canadian small business owners prefer Facebook, followed by Instagram (68%), Twitter (22%), TikTok (14%), and YouTube (14%).
- 73% of small businesses use social channels to communicate with others followed by 72% to increase brand awareness, 66% to grow their customer base, and 65% to promote products or services.
As Pete Cashmore, an entrepreneur and the founder and CEO of the tech and social website Mashable, puts it” We’re living at a time when attention is the new currency. Those who insert themselves into as many channels as possible look set to capture the most.”
Hence, at Delve Global, we reap social media marketing benefits by capturing the attention of prospects and customers through continuous interaction and engagement. Our team of social media marketing specialists takes advantage of the tremendous opportunities offered by social media to generate immense exposure for our client’s business.
This helps us build brand awareness and influence the customer purchasing process as statistics show that 74% of customers rely on social media to make a buying decision.
Social Media Marketing and Management
Make meaningful interactions with your target demographic in the crowded social media space by building winning social media marketing strategies.